Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cranberry Blueberry Smoothie

I have been on a smoothie kick lately because they pack a nutritional punch, and I love to drink them after a good workout.  I posted three smoothie recipes in November, and here's another one for you. 


One key ingredient in all of my smoothies is Stonyfield Organic Smooth & Creamy Lowfat Plain Yogurt.  I like that it is certified gluten free.  It's also a good source of protein, probiotics, and calcium. 


I buy organic frozen blueberries for this smoothie at Publix, and organic frozen cranberries at Whole Foods.  Both are a great source of antioxidants, and cranberries help fight and prevent urinary tract infections. 


Sometimes I use almond milk instead of orange juice in this smoothie.  When I use unsweetened almond milk, I find that I need to add a touch more honey, because almond milk lacks the natural sweetness of orange juice. 

Cranberry Blueberry Smoothie

Ingredients
3/4 C orange juice or almond milk
3/4 C lowfat plain yogurt
3/4 C organic frozen cranberries
3/4 C organic frozen blueberries
1 T organic raw honey (might need to use more honey if using almond milk)

Directions
Blend the ingredients together until smooth.  I use my stick blender


0 comments:

Post a Comment