Monday, July 1, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Recipes

I first saw a recipe for baked oatmeal on Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.  You can view all of her baked oatmeal recipes here.  Sometimes I tweak her recipes, sometimes I make up my own variations.  Here's a collection of our favorite baked oatmeal recipes.

Banana Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

2 large eggs (beat with a fork)
3 C gluten free quick cook oats (if using old fashioned rolled oats, soak them in the milk for at least 30 minutes or overnight) 
1/3 cup light brown sugar  
1 C milk (I used non-fat)
2 T unsalted butter -- melted
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
2 T flaxseed meal
Heaping 3/4 cup mashed banana -- about 3 small bananas (can substitute plain yogurt or use some of both-- if using yogurt, increase sugar to 1/2 cup)
Heaping cup of your favorite frozen berry blend -- I used a blend from Costco that has raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except the frozen fruit. Gently stir in the berries after you have mixed everything else well. 

Spread the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.   Bake for 20 minutes.  


Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

2 large eggs (beat with a fork)
3 C gluten free quick cook oats (if using regular oats, soak them in the milk for at least 30 minutes or overnight) 
1/2 cup light brown sugar 
1 C milk -- low fat or nonfat 
3/4 C whipping cream
2 T unsalted butter -- melted
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
2 C fresh peaches -- chopped, without skin
1 T gluten free all-purpose flour -- I prefer Better Batter or Cup4Cup
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except the peaches, flour and cinnamon.  Chop the peaches, then add the GF flour and cinnamon.  Stir gently.  Add 1 to 2 tsp of brown sugar to taste if your peaches are not very sweet. 
Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.   
Bake at 350 for 22-23 minutes.


My peaches and cream baked oatmeal ready to go in the oven.  


This recipe was inspired by a recipe for Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, another great recipe that I've made several times.  I prefer my baked oatmeal at room temperature or right out of the fridge. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days.  


Here are some pictures of Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal.  


You can view the recipe here.  


Banana Raspberry Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

2 large eggs (beat with a fork)
3 C gluten free quick cook oats (if using regular oats, soak them in the milk overnight) 
1/3 cup light brown sugar  
1 C milk (I used non-fat)
2 T unsalted butter -- melted
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
2 T flaxseed meal 
Heaping 3/4 cup mashed banana -- about 3 small bananas (can substitute plain yogurt or use some of both-- if using yogurt, increase sugar to 1/2 cup)
1/2 C frozen blueberries
1/2 C frozen raspberries

Directions

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except the frozen fruit. Gently stir in the blueberries and raspberries after you have mixed everything else well. 
Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. 
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.


If using a muffin pan, fill all 12 cups and bake for 22 minutes.  


I love when I can prep everything for a recipe in one bowl.  



January 4, 2014 Update -- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal


You can view my recipe for Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal here.  My daughters, who are very picky breakfast eaters, both love this one.  


I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats in all of my baked oatmeal recipes.  
I buy them at Whole Foods or subscribe and save them from amazon.  



My Mexican Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal has its own blog post.  You can view it here.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment